Buying a home in the winter months is one of the real estate industry’s best kept secrets. Sales are slow and home prices usually reach rock bottom in December through February. During the next few months you have the best opportunity to buy a new home at the best price since sellers are willing to make a deal. I thought I would contact you to see if you are still considering purchasing a home and if my team and I could help you–there is NO CHARGE for our services.
Here are the Top 5 reasons you should consider purchasing a home soon:
1. Interest rates are at 100 year lows — an FHA 30-year fixed loan is hovering around 4.125%. You can buy A LOT of home with a 4.125% rate!
2. It is less expensive to buy right now than rent — a monthly mortgage payment is less than what the equivalent home costs in rent in the area. If you are renting, you are throwing your money away.
3. You don’t need a large down payment — FHA only requires 3.5% down and there are conventional loan programs with as little as 5% down and lender paid mortgage insurance.
4. Home prices are the lowest they’ve been in years — housing prices have readjusted to much more affordable and reasonable levels since the 2007 market crash. You can get a GREAT deal now.
5. Hindsight is 20/20 — home prices and loan rates have nowhere to go but up. If you wait a year or longer, you will regret waiting. The home you purchase in 12 months might not be the same as what you can afford right now.
If you are looking to buy a home this year and want to work with a real estate team that can deliver what you expect and more, please give me a call at 301-REALTOR (301-732-5867). There is so much more that we can do for you than just find you a home. We can get your appraisal fee covered (a $400-$500 value) and direct you to a top-notch lender. We will even give you a 1-year FREE Home Warranty through Old Republic Home Protection with every home purchase that covers all your appliances, HVAC, electrical and plumbing!
Posted on January 18, 2014 at 6:00 pm by John Young and The 'Metro DC For Sale' Team